Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Week of 11/13 - Modern Love and Meet Market Roundups

Live blogging from my laptop in Verdi Square at 72nd & Broadway... yes, I felt the need to brag. The Lectern is mobile and worldwide, motherfuckers. Just wait until I learn how to send in my entries through my cellphone from The Patriot...

Mindy Hung's entry this week for Modern Love is surprisingly good. I wish I had more time to rave about it, but I'll get to the point: it's appropriately self-critical where it needs to be, it's critical of relationships where it should be, it's reflective without being ponderous, it sticks to the point... ehhh, just read it. The lesson learned: do try to realize your own limitations and over come them, but don't try to be someone you're not. And also, don't try so hard when dating. I like Mindy and her tale, and I wish her luck.

(end transmission)

==========================

(begin transmission)

Now live blogging from Lolita on the Lower East Side (yeah, I get around town), where I'll do my Meet Market roundup. Vivian chose Jordan, but there's not much to say other than that Vivian had no chemistry with Jordan, he saw the writing on the wall (but was still hopeful!), and they gave each other a lot of mercy hearts. And I'll be merciful to you and end that recap right here, as 9 out of 10 bloggers agree that they'd rather look up a horse's asshole than look at those two posing together.

This week, Jodie the pharma event planner is back to find the man of her dreams... or perhaps just something not too embarassing. (The bar is pretty low when it comes to Meet Market matches)
She describes herself as "outgoing, friendly, fun and honest. Maybe too honest. I know what I want out of life and I work hard for it."

Standard fare. A nice girl who might be undone only by her own pickiness. She doesn't look picky, but you never know... Vivian was picky! Let's give her our best shot for a match, shall we?

Let's rank these guys bottom up:
3. Michael the elder not only commits the sin of using the gym cliche, but he looks like he's never been to one either. (for what it's worth, I'd set him up with my sister if I had one.)

2. Michael the younger is a brainy grad student. Again, pretty decent prospect, except Jodie's not going to be all over him, and there's no way I could pick either Michael when there's...

1. Denzel.

Seriously, he's a personal trainer and his name is Denzel. That name alone gives him a lot of dating credibility. And it's an instant conversation starter.

Now, most people are going with Michael the younger and not with Denzel, but I think Jodie won't lose out either way. That said, I get the feeling that she's going to be picky, and Denzel has the most potential to get past that. I could be wrong, but this is my blog and I'll use it to state whatever opinion I want.

Next week: live blogging from Delaware! (yes, it's possible. After all, I must visit for the day, and there's nothing else to do there!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home