Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Week of 10/23 - Modern Love and Meet Market Roundups

Modern Love this week tackles the tale of a third wheel guy. I recommend it as a solid read. At first, I read through it and found it to be a little annoying. Then I took the stick out of my ass, leaned backward in my chair, and enjoyed the ride. It's fairly absurd, based on funny facts about people who are friends of couples. I like it. Go read and enjoy.

Meet Market gets hot and heavy this week... Baroness Sheri took my recommendation to see Joel, and here's how it went:
Sheri: Joel wanted to go on from the Chemist Club, but I decided it would be more expedient to end the date there. He was being very affectionate, so I had to mumble a reminder about my "24-hour rule." I always wait 24 hours before getting intimate - I find that it eliminates 90 percent of the worst candidates!

Rowr! What a hot date we have here! There were many more hilarious things in their recollections, but we have to move on. I have a nasty picture in my head of two mature individuals rubbing their old wrinky genitalia together, and I'm having trouble keeping my lunch down. Must go back to the younger crowd to make the nausea and spinning feeling go away.

Neil is back this week to choose next week's girl. No smokers. No cat people. Must have dog. Who's the right gal for our carrot-topped suitor?

Janice, 30, is also carrot-topped. She's the picture of classic beauty (it's the red dress, I know. I'm a sucker for that). She drinks Jack and Coke. She's a lawyer who writes with brevity. I love her. This contest is over already.

Rachel's in ad sales. Everything about her screams "dating-scene-veteran yuppie." Not that it's a bad thing. Still, there's nothing particularly outstanding about her. Next.

Becca is 22. Too young and too adorable to hand over to an older, mature man. I like her, though; she's cool, she's from Austin, and she's totally cute. She should be back in a future week to pick some guys out.

That said, Janice wins. The polls have Becca barely leading the other two, but I know better. End of discussion.

Now, for some more entertainment, check out my article on Gothamist about the Spanglish Sandwich. Completely unrelated to dating; food is my other favorite subject! Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home