Wednesday, October 19, 2005

New York Post Meet Market: The Baroness and the Bachelors

We head into another week of Meet Market with some good news: Kat the Guggenheim Gal chose Steve and hit it off fabulously with him.
We sent them to the trendy new Upper West Side restaurant Loft

Hmmm, is this near Jake's Dilemma? Do I have to get on the 1 train to get there? Trendy indeed.
Steve: My first impression of Kat was that she was vivacious and pretty.

Translation: "Hmmm, will she sleep with me?"
Kat: I think he is very handsome, but more important he gave me a big smile when he said hello, and he genuinely looked pleased to see me.

Translation: "Hmmm, he wants to sleep with me. But he's good looking, so I don't mind."
Steve: I felt that both of us had a pretty even share in the conversation, and it took no effort for it to progress. Most of the date was spent talking about this whole "blind date" experience. We also chatted about our backgrounds, our interests and whatever topics randomly spawned. I can't say that I remember any particular part of our conversation, but I think that's a good thing because it means I never felt uncomfortable, confronted or even had to work on it. A good conversation contains two people of similar intellect and interests, and we certainly had that.

Translation: "As the night continued, I still wanted to sleep with her."
Kat: I think we were both pleasantly surprised how normal the other person was. We told some bad dating stories and traded background information. It was very comfortable.

Translation: "I might sleep with him. Someday. Not today."
Steve: We exchanged numbers, but, alas, we did not kiss. Be it platonic or romantic, I would certainly not turn down an opportunity to see Kat again. She was fun to be around. Good conversa-tionalists are hard to find. The date couldn't have been better.

Translation: "Another night with Rosie Palm. Maybe Kat will sleep with me on the next date."
Kat: It's not like there were sparks flying all over the place, but we did seem to get each other. I would definitely go out with him again, because the date was a hundred times better than what I had expected.

Translation: "Tell Rosie Palm not to get too attached, stud." *wink*

Hot stuff, people.

Who's stepping up to the plate this week? Baroness Sheri, who is a female over the age of 30. I'm confused. It looks like there was a switchup with the Dating column from AARP magazine. She claims to be "ageless". She looks like the type of woman that bartenders ask for ID just to charm her, and who falls for it every time.
If some lucky guy is buying, the baroness says she'd order French champagne. If it's on her dime, she said she'd settle for a glass of sauvignon blanc, preferably from New Zealand's Cloudy Bay.

Bah. There's a difference between "treat me like a lady" and "buy me nice shit." One's a whole lot less flattering than the other.
What does she find sexy? "Men who are smart, quiet and very capable in bed." And why should a former sex columnist settle for anything but the best?

This one's a bit dangerous for the general dating pool. And she's got lofty expectations. At least all of her suitors are age appropriate, but can they keep up with her?

Joel might be able to. He's an attorney and a restauranteur; the best of both worlds! He's got a restaurant to eat in, and the type of income to pay for everything else. Now if that isn't masculine, what is?
What's sexy? Petite, great legs and eyes that engulf you.
What would your ideal date be like? Sunset drinks in the autumn, dinner and then a walk on the boardwalk at the West Side Highway.

So, like, why even look at the other two guys? This one rocks.

Next: Russ, 41, social-studies teacher. Sex columnist and a social-studies teacher. Yeah. Sure. Let's move on.

Finally: Rob, 39, jewelry-magazine editor. Sheri is probably older than him. Also, he's a comedy writer. He looks okay (to be fair, Russ wasn't a bad guy either), but again looks to be generally unsuitable for Sheri's expectations.

And it is settled. Joel, Sheri, trendy restaurant, trip to Europe for a second date. Easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home