Thursday, February 02, 2006

Week of 01/29/06 - Only The Air Is Warm

Quick reviews:

Modern Love does its Readers' Digest impersonation again, selecting a beautiful essay about families, life, and death that fails to provide any real insight into contemporary trends. The essay would have worked better for the "Lives" column in the magazine (and I do insist that this column tends to pickup the "runoff" from that column at times). Anne Marie Feld's work is definitely a recommended read, but my only issue with it is that it's unfocused by way of severe editing - it looks like this might have been a book cut down to two pages. Oh, wait, look at the end... it is a book! (*rolls eyes*)

In Meet Market, Sonia chose Rob, they indeed were two nice (if not quite young and goregeous) people on their date, and nothing quite happened there. I would continue to blame the winter blues, but you know what? It's been 55 degrees outside. No excuse! You Meet Market authors better step things up... you've totally lost your edge. Don't make me start buying the Daily News!

This week's chooser is Lindsay's breasts. Lindsay herself is a very young girl with very high expectations... boys, now's the time to make that pumpkin a carriage if you can at all manage (in other words, don't be taking the subway on your date - spring for the town car). But attached to Lindsay are big, round, beautiful breasts. Simply stunning. I looked at that picture 5 or 6 times and I still don't remember Lindsay's hair color.

Who's got a shot at winning this week? Murty is an outside chance - or, more like a match made in hell. Both would be miserable on a date, I assure you. Next is Joshie - Joshie! Wow, his common name is cutesy! That's gotta get laughs down at the DMV! Anyway, he looks like Elvis (more than he looks like Patrick Dempsey, as his profile would suggest) and he might make the grade for Lindsay's breasts... if he has money, that is. (Which I think he does not.) Finally we have just plain Josh, who looks somewhat acceptable for the purpose of taking Lindsay's breasts out on a date. I would tentatively choose Joshie over Josh, but that's no dig against Josh, and I admit the pick could go either way. That said, with all the participants being so young and possibly misguided (I'm biting my tongue here a bit... I think some of these participants are clearly unsuitable to date anybody), there's only a very slim chance of lasting romance. Enjoy the free meal on Rupert's tab, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home