Sunday, April 17, 2005

New York Post Dating: A Snoozer

I'm not one to shy from being candid, so an upfront admission: this weeks' date writeups bored me to tears. Sorry! Last week's setup turned into this week's agreeable and unremarkable date; this week's setup looks encouraging for romance, bad for sarcastic commentary.

Still, you deserve my response. It's all I can do for you.

Eric chose Jaclyn for this week's date. In a new kick to the dates, the Post is arranging not only for the diners to eat for free, but also for some brief pre-date cooking classes in the kitchen with the chef. This seems to work pretty well, so expect to see more of it. Jaclyn, overall, had a good time and feels comfortable with Eric. On the other hand, Eric is not quite as upbeat about the initial feelings of romance, but still would like to take a wait-and-see approach. I'd rate it a successful date. I just have one concern: I think Eric is definitely way too tied up in his lawyer-type, jet-setting life, and that's a libido killer. Put the goddamn Blackberry away, dude!

This week's date-picker is Marni. Marni is beautiful, vivacious, and magnetizing. And 37 years old. This particular fact contributes two aspects to this setup that are uncommon to this column: we have someone who we can count on to be mature, reasonable, and experienced; in a 37-year-old woman, though, we can also expect a departure from the trendy, fast-paced, hot-and-bothered dating setups that we commonly see here. So what the hell am I supposed to write about? Bring back the 22-year-olds so I can make fun of them!

Marni's got a choice of three age-appropriate guys: Ted the teacher, Rey the accountant, and Bruno the... um, food service manager. That doesn't leave me much to write about, does it? I've kinda soured on Bruno on the first look. Call it a hunch on non-compatibility. Marni wouldn't go wrong with either Ted or Rey, though. I think Rey matches just a bit closer to Marni than Ted, but Ted's convincingly winning the poll on the first day. I think she'll have a good date no matter who she chooses; I also think that I'll be reduced to telling knock-knock jokes just to keep the humor level going around here:

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Don Juan.
Don Juan who?
Betcha I Don Juan to write this column next week if Marni doesn't rate at least three hearts with one of these guys.

*groan*

1 Comments:

  • Hey...
    No, I am not dead, just babysitting this week at someone else's house (so it's hard to email unfortunately) so I'm sorry it's been so long since you recieved an email from me, but you will in the next few days...
    Take care.

    By Blogger oyveyheyhey, at 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home