Tuesday, August 30, 2005

New York Post Meet Market: Like To Exercise? These Guys Will Give You A Good Sprint

The Best Dating Column in New York.
(because both the Daily News and the New York Times don't have one! hahahaha!)

(FYI - Mr. Murdoch, you'll owe me a commission if you use that as a tagline.)

I have to eat my words from last week, as I predicted that Boris and Michelle would mix like pig and elephant DNA. Well, it seems that Boris was just being self-deprecating when he said that he cannot ably smalltalk, as Michelle says:
Michelle: We talked for so long that the restaurant started to close.

Arrgh! I fucked up. Boris is not death warmed over. He's actually quite lively and entertaining - and entertainable:
Boris: When we left, I offered to go for a walk, not wanting our date to end. To my pleasure, she suggested that we stop by a karaoke bar-another "first" for me. Afterward, I walked her home and we talked for an hour before she went up.

Well, I'm just happy that it worked out after all. I'll accept being wrong if it means others are finding romance.

One thing I wasn't wrong about, though, was the resemblance to Finch from American Pie:
Boris: Our goodbye was physically indeterminate. First-date semantics are uncomfortable to me. What's expected can never be as exciting as the unknown.

I've read clinical papers about pus formations that were more romantic than that quote.

Moving along - Amanda is our date chooser for next week. She is certainly familiar around these parts - she was one of my potential choices for my date courtesy of the Post! I think she's a fine choice for a date (although I had a great time with Shevi, the initial choice I had was VERY difficult to make), and I'm glad to see her reappear here. I have not a single concern about her ability to be a lovely companion for a romantic evening.

That said, the types of guys that are going to work best for her are the ones who have the most in common with her interests. She's young and she likes to have fun. She more than likely spends a lot of social time at bars and clubs. She would do best with a guy who isn't too stuffy, boring, or pig-headed. Will that be a tall task with our selections? We'll find out...

Roberto is a bartender who's trying to be an actor. He pirates movies from China. He practices yoga. He can tell you the time of day... without a watch!
What are three things you cannot live without? Acai berries, a double-hinged wine key and Istara cheese.

I've honestly never heard of any of these things. To sum it up:
I make almost no sense at all.

Agreed.

At least Roberto fesses up to having a side job, though. Jake wears his "actor/writer" profession with a straight face! Do you think Jake has the chops to work full time in the entertainment field? Let's grab some quotables to get a better idea:
What's sexy? ... A girl who not only holds up her end of the conversation, but can also throw in some great stories is well on her way to becoming a sexy beast.

How would you describe yourself? I am a damn fine individual.

Hooray for the not-quite-starving artist.

I'm also not bad looking. Sauce.

...no screamings, beatings or stabbings.

Folks, we have tight competition for the Freak Award here. Let's keep going.

Our last choice is Joshua. And... he's a nanny. I've heard of male nurses, but male nannies? Well, maybe there's some precedent.
What does your lucky underwear look like? I don't wear underwear. Really, I don't. But, if I did, it would have bunnies all over them.

I just don't know what to say now. Except this: Amanda is screwed.

All three of these guys are exceedingly quirky yet rather genial-looking, so it's hard to get an idea of who is really best for Amanda. In the end, based on profession and profile, it looks like Jake's the guy who uses his sense of humor in his profession best, and that probably makes him richer than the other guys. Since most of you readers are heading out to the Hamptons this weekend, you know that's of highest importance. So Jake it is.

Enjoy the holiday weekend, and we'll be back next week to see, after all that time at the gym doing cardio, how fast Amanda can run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home