Monday, November 01, 2004

NY Post Dating - Hot to cold

As I so dearly wanted to happen, Zoe chose George for a date straight out of hell...

...no, wait... it was a good date?

A really good date?!?!

Okay, there's gotta be a mistake somewhere here... he thinks she's really pretty (to be fair, her photo this week is 90 times more flattering than the one from last week), they were engrossed in conversation, they even went to a dive bar afterward and had more fun... and plus, they may have done the nasty at the end of the night?

Aiiieeeee! This can't be happening! This is supposed to end in tears and misery! What's going on here? Is the world upside down?

(no, I'm just a bitter person, I can't stand to see other people happy and in love, my only solace is that there's a good chance of me getting hit by a cab or bus someday... but enough about me)

On to this week's possible love story (aack, positivity sounds horrible. Must get used to it)...

Zach looks a little strange to me. But even worse, he seems really bland and non-exciting. He just doesn't seem like a great catch, although I can't put my finger on it. Maybe his profile was written up to make him look like a safe pick, which is a bad thing to do. Or, maybe he is just strange and/or boring, and it needed to be hidden. In any event, these girls have a challenge ahead:

Is Dawn, 24, assistant editor, a Conde Nastie? I don't know, but she sure is cute! And she seems to be non-exciting herself, which makes her a decent match for Zach.

Hayley, 24, might be a little spicier. She likes dancing and late-nights. (Hey, send her my way. Screw Zach).

And then there's Minnie, 23, with another bland profile but who is also super cute.
I think I have a crush on her!

Dawn's winning the voting so far. Which is fine because I'll gladly take Minnie. Also, can I express strongly enough how much I am indifferent about the results of this date? Whatever the choice is, they could dine in a walk-in freezer and blend in with the scenery. I'm not predicting disaster, I'm just completely unamused. This kind of pairing doesn't exactly sell subscriptions to the Post, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home