Monday, September 27, 2004

Well, when top female magazine editors are part of the mix...

New York Post: THE TRUTH IS 'OUT'

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/30793.htm

"I think New York women are much scarier than New York men," said former publishing maven and editor of the now-defunct Talk magazine Tina Brown. New York women are "amazons in lethal Manolo Blahnik heels who leave men in the dust," she said.

Thank you, Tina Brown. I might actually watch your show now.

Seriously, women in New York are scary. Or not so much intimidating as soul-crushing romance traps. I imagine them all as vampires... appealing and charming upon first glance, and completely careless about draining your life blood in the end. My favorite part is how it's always the mens' fault. It's as if female dating behavior were a necessary defense mechanism against all these pervy cads roaming the streets, deflowering and defiling, annihilating innocence, trust, and self-confidence among the female gender.

If I'm unmarried at 35 and a 20-year-old girl is coming onto me, why should I stop her? What karmic debt do I owe at that point to all the 35 year old hags out there to stay in my own age fold, especially when said women my age wouldn't fuck me for a million dollars back when we were 20 ourselves?

It's really no one's fault, I say. (And this is precisely why I called this blog "The Lectern", because it's all about what I say) Few people are truly mean and vicious; many are insecure, picky, and irrational. The finger pointing comes from fear, but really there's nothing to fear but fear itself. If you're confident with yourself, all of the anger and anguish fades away. But, in this environment, everyone's their own version of Woody Allen.

I've added at least $200 myself to the dating literature/services industry, most of it for naught. I could make it back by writing dozens of articles about my insecurities, failures, and theories. Maybe I will, over time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home