Thursday, September 30, 2004

Letter from the Editor: I was way fucked up before Al Gore invented this thing

Just a note for anyone who's been reading:

I know that "drunk media blogger" has become a cliche that's been beat harder than a Persian rug, but I just want to give a little background here: I've been enthusiastic about drinking, writing, information, and trashy gossip my entire adult life. Yes, I do read many of the other sites out there, and I'm completely hooked on this trendy brand of disallusioned pop-culture hangover irony. But just because that's how I present myself doesn't mean that I'm copping anyone's style. I beat all of you people to the table, if not to the keyboard. We're all kindred spirits. I got nuthin but love for ya.

But none of you will hire me as a stringer, so here I'll blabber until I make my first million from it, or I get run over by a truck.

Back to your regularly scheduled unsolicited commentary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home